MYYTÄVÄNÄ UUSI KIRJA
50 GREAT MYTHS OF POPULAR PSYCHOLOGY, SHATTERING WIDESPREAD MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT HUMAN BEHAVIOR
- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (September 28, 2009)
- Language: English
50 Great Myths of Popular Psychology uses popular myths as a vehicle for helping students and laypersons to distinguish science from pseudoscience.
- Uses common myths as a vehicle for exploring how to distinguish factual from fictional claims in popular psychology
- Explores topics that readers will relate to, but often misunderstand, such as 'opposites attract', 'people use only 10% of their brains', and 'handwriting reveals your personality'
- Provides a 'mythbusting kit' for evaluating folk psychology claims in everyday life
- Teaches essential critical thinking skills through detailed discussions of each myth
- Includes over 200 additional psychological myths for readers to explore
Contains an Appendix of useful Web Sites for examining psychological myths
- Features a postscript of remarkable psychological findings that sound like myths but that are true
- Engaging and accessible writing style that appeals to students and lay readers alike
Maksaminen ja toimitus