Double Face Blu-ray (1969) R2 Eng. Sub
Trilleri vuodelta 1969. Remasteroitu blu ray-julkaisu, joka sisältää myös runsaasti extra-materiaalia. Alla tarkempi tuotekuvaus.
Ohjaus: Riccardo Freda
Pääosissa: Klaus Kinski, Christiane Krüger, Günther Stroll
Kieli: Italia / Englanti
Kesto: 1h 31min
Aluekoodi: 2 (Eurooppa)
In the post-war years, the proliferation of transnational European co-productions gave rise to a cross-pollination of genres, with the same films sold in different markets as belonging to different movements. Among these, Riccardo Freda (I vampiri, The Horrible Dr. Hichock) s Double Face was marketed in West Germany as an Edgar Wallace krimi , while in Italy it was sold as a giallo in the tradition of Mario Bava s Blood and Black Lace, combining elements from both genres for a unique and unforgettable viewing experience.
When wealthy businessman John Alexander (the legendary Klaus Kinski, giving an atypically restrained performance) s unfaithful wife Helen (Margaret Lee, Circus of Fear) dies in a car crash, it initially looks like a freak accident. However, the plot thickens when evidence arises suggesting that the car was tampered with prior to the crash. And John s entire perception of reality is thrown into doubt when he discovers a recently-shot pornographic movie which appears to feature Helen suggesting that she is in fact alive and playing an elaborate mind game on him...
Psychological, psychedelic, and at times just plain psychotic, Double Face stands as one of the most engaging and enjoyable films in Freda s lengthy and diverse career a densely-plotted, visually-stunning giallo that evokes much of the same ambience of paranoia and decadence as such classics of the genre as One on Top of the Other and A Lizard in a Woman s Skin.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- Brand new 2K restoration of the full-length Italian version of the film from the original 35mm camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Uncompressed mono 1.0 LPCM audio
- Original English and Italian soundtracks, titles and credits
- Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
- New audio commentary by author and critic Tim Lucas
- New video interview with composer Nora Orlandi
- The Many Faces of Nora Orlandi, a new appreciation of the varied career of the film s composer by musician and soundtrack collector Lovely Jon
- The Terrifying Dr. Freda, a new video essay on Riccardo Freda s gialli by author and critic Amy Simmons
- Extensive image gallery from the collection of Christian Ostermeier, including the original German pressbook and lobby cards, and the complete Italian cineromanzo adaptation
- Original Italian and English theatrical trailers
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Neil Mitchell