Here Comes Mr Jordan [DVD] Claude Rains
R2 originaali, tekstit mm. suomeksi ja englanniksi.
When a boxer (Robert Montgomery) is accidentally called to Heaven 50 years before his time, it's upto celestial executive extraordinaire Mr. Jordan (Claude Rains) to straighten out the matter. When Columbia Pictures' financial advisors read the screenplay for the fantasy comedy HERE COMES MR. JORDAN, they had their doubts as to its box-office potential. Screenwriter Sidney Buchman went directly to studio president Harry Cohn in an effort to convince him to make the film. Cohn liked the script's uniqueness and, saying that all his bankers wanted was "what sold last year," told Buchman he'd make the picture. To play the saxophone-playing boxer Joe Pendelton, Cohn decided to borrow Robert Montgomery from MGM. Although Mongomery had some initial doubts about his part, he delivered what was to become an Oscar -nominated performance. The film, which received a total of seven 1941 nominations, including Best Picture, won two (Best Motion Picture Story, Best Screenplay). HERE COMES MR. JORDAN
- Actors: Robert Montgomery, Claude Rains, Evelyn Keyes, James Gleason, Edward Everett Horton
- Directors: Alexander Hall
- Writers: Sidney Buchman, Seton I. Miller
- Producers: Everett Riskin
- Format: Subtitled, PAL
- Language: English
- Subtitles: Arabic, Bulgarian, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Greek, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Dubbed: French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Subtitles For The Hearing Impaired: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3 - 1.33:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Studio: Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- DVD Release Date: 5 Feb. 2007
- Run Time: 90 minutes
This is actually a good story and well worth the Academy Award for Best Original Story and Best Screenplay. It's the writing that's the star of the show. I like the characters, but I don't think that Robert Montgomery was right for the part. He's quite bland in all of his films. It is because the story is so good that you forget he's in the part. The writing doesn't life his performance, it merely overshadows him as the writing is better than his performance. I'll definitely watch it again, especially as the love interest is quite touching.
Levy ja kotelo kuin uudet. Ostaja maksaa posti- ja pakkauskulut 2,5 euroa.
Maksaminen ja toimitus