Speedy (Harold Lloyd) Blu-ray Criterion Collection
UK Criterion Collection Blu-ray. Ei sisällä suomitekstejä, enkkutekstit löytyy.
This was comedian Harold Lloyd's last silent film, and one of his most charming. Lloyd's character here is called Harold Speedy Swift, an upbeat young man whose fatal attraction for baseball always causes him to lose his jobs. After his latest firing, he impulsively spends a day at Coney Island with his sweetheart, Jane Dillon (Ann Christy). Ann's grandfather, Pop Dillon (Bert Woodruff), meanwhile, has a dilemma - he runs the last horse-drawn trolley in New York City and the railway magnates desperately want his route. Since Pop won't sell it to them, they plan to get it by underhanded means. Pop must make his rounds at least once every 24 hours, so the magnates hire thugs to stop him. Speedy hears about this plan and, being gainfully unemployed, takes over the route to protect the old man. But the magnates then steal the trolley, and the climax of the film involves Speedy's dash to find the trolley and get it back to its route before the 24 hours are up. He makes it just in time.
BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:
- New 4K digital restoration from elements preserved by the UCLA Film and Television Archive
- Musical score by composer Carl Davis from 1992, synchronized and restored under his supervision and presented in uncompressed stereo
- New audio commentary featuring Bruce Goldstein, director of repertory programming at New York’s Film Forum, and Turner Classic Movies director of program production Scott McGee
- In the Footsteps of Speedy - a new short documentary by Goldstein about the film’s New York shoot
- Selection of rare archival footage of baseball legend Babe Ruth, who has a cameo in the film, presented by David Filipi, director of film and video at the Wexner Centre for the Arts
- New video essay featuring stills of deleted scenes from the film and narrated by Goldstein
- Selection of actor Harold Lloyd’s home movies, narrated by his granddaughter, Suzanne Lloyd
- Bumping into Broadway - a 1919 Lloyd two-reeler, newly restored and with a 2004 score by Robert Israel
- PLUS: An essay by critic Phillip Lopate
Postitus kuplakuoressa 5 euroa (yhdistän kuluja, esim. toinen vastaava leffa samoilla kuluilla), maksu suomalaiselle pankkitilille - postikulut Eurooppaan ovat samat ja Euroopan ulkopuolelle vain vähän korkeammat. Posti kulkee nopeasti, 2-7 päivässä sinne maksun saavuttua tilille.
Maksaminen ja toimitus